How do I know if I have a case against the owner of the property?

There must be a dangerous condition that the owner knew or should have know about existing at the time of the injury. It is best to discuss your case with an attorney to determine whether you can recover for your injury. Contact Mooney & Associates for a Free case evaluation as soon as possible after the accident.

Can I recover against the owner if I am also at fault?

Yes but this can be used as a defense to your action against the owner of the property depending on your actions or inaction such as if you failed to get treatment in a reasonable time and that caused other injuries for which you are requesting compensation. It is best to get medical attention immediately and also to contact an experienced attorney immediately, Mooney & Associates, to do the necessary investigation for your claim to succeed.

What can I recover?

If a dangerous condition existed and you were injured, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries including medical bills and pain and suffering.

What do I do if I do not know who is the owner of the property where I was injured?

Your attorney will need to do an investigation to determine who owned the property. Mooney & Associates has the necessary experience to search the public real estate records to determine the correct party to be contacted for compensation.

What do I do if my injuries are still being treated?

Continue with your treatment for as long as needed but do not wait until you are done with treatment to contact Mooney & Associates. We will need to begin the investigation immediately after the accident in order to preserve the right to obtain compensation from the persons who allow the dangerous condition to exist. There is a 2 year statute of limitation on cases involving slip & falls and the critical time to establish a case is immediately after the incident occurs.